Reveal the Inner Workings of Tomorrow
We are now accepting applications for our Cohort 16 Data Analytics Bootcamp, which will begin in January 2022.
Using Data to Answer the Why
Data Analysis isn't just about math and statistics and nice looking graphs and charts. At the heart of Data Analysis is the question of Why? With tons of data occupying servers around the world, being able to make sense of it all to make informed decisions isn't a choice anymore. It's a necessity. Learning how to visualize, cleanse, interpet, and interact with data through tools like Power BI, Tableau, Access, and Excel is a key step to translating all those 1s and 0s into valuable business decisions.
Our currciulum partner ThinkData Solutions, Inc (@ThinkDataSol) was founded by Robin Hunt and Daniel Bishop. Their custom built curriculum teaches how to get started in the path of data analytics and is a great starting point for a career in data science. ThinkData has been educating people on data technologies and actively practicing data analysis for over two decades. Learn how to wrangle data into meaningful data sets by just getting started with the basics. Solving problems by working with data is one of the most valuable skills a person can have. ThinkDataSol helps you learn to see the data everywhere it exists and turn it into meaningful insight. If you are critical thinker, love to solve problems, and enjoy helping people see the big picture, then data analysis is a natural next step.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Resident of the following counties of Central Alabama: Jefferson, Shelby, Blount, St. Clair, Chilton, and Walker.
- Age 17 or older
- Under or Unemployed
- Must have a GED or High School Diploma
- Must NOT be enrolled in any other training program or higher level institution
Are you looking to enter the tech workforce? We have partnered with The National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT) to offer fully-funded scholarships for women in Central Alabama to pursue a career in tech along with additional incentives upon becoming a member of NCWIT.
- Connecting with women throughout Alabama and the US with jobs
- Professional development opportunities
- Networking events
- And more!
For more information on how to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org
What Will You Learn?
These are just some of the technologies you will learn in the course. Don't let it intimidate you! No experience is required. This course was specifically designed to take someone with zero experience and teach them what they need to know to actually work as a junior-level IT Professional. We are here for you every step of the way!
- It's on every resume, installed on just about every computer, and used in every classroom... so everyone knows Excel... right? Wrong. Most people never harness the real power of Excel, but here you'll learn why it is used by big and small businesses alike to drive data-based decisions. You'll learn the ins and outs of Excel so you can not only confidently put Excel Expert on your resume but also use it as a tool to inform your summer lemonade stand business, a Fortune 500 company, and everything in between.
Microsoft Power BI
- All that data is sitting on a server as 1s and 0s, and even when we can see them as numbers and words, rows and tables, we need a better way to visualize all that so we can make educated decisions. So how do we get all that data in a model that is both beautiful and informative. That's where Power BI comes in. As one of the leaders in Business Intelligence software, Power BI gives you the "power" (sorry) to turn all those 1s and 0s into graphs and charts that you'll actually be able to use to draw insights and make decisions.
- Microsoft Access is a database management system that allows you to store, query, and report on relational data. It's much better at storing and accessing relatively large data sets than Excel. Plus it's got a whole suite of cool developer and graphical user interface tools that make understanding your data a breeze.
- Tableau is considered by many to be the gold standard in data visualization. Having been around since 2003, Tableu Software has taken years and years to perfect how we as end users and data analysts make sense of all the data. Sound similar to Power BI? That's because they are both leaders in Business Intelligence software. So why learn both? Because knowing the ins and outs and strengths and weaknesses of both will give you a leg up when working as a data analyst.