Applications due December 11, 2020
Pre-work Due January 4, 2021
Start of Cohort 13: January 11, 2021
I am Bham is a 14-week coding bootcamp designed to teach Full-Stack Software Engineering through short-term, fast-track, intensive training.
9am - 5pm, M - F
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
Resident of the following counties of Central Alabama: Jefferson, Shelby, Blount, St. Clair, Chilton, and Walker.
Age 17 or older
Under or Unemployed
Must have a GED or High School Diploma
Must NOT be enrolled in any other training program or higher level institution
What Will You Learn?
These are just some of the technologies you will learn in the course. Don't let it intimidate you! No experience is required. This course was specifically designed to take someone with zero coding experience and teach them what they need to know to Actually Work as a junior-level developer. We are here for you every step of the way!
Basics, Tools, & Deployment
- How the Web Works
- VS Code
Front End Development
Weeks 1 - 5
- React Native
Back End Development
Weeks 6 - 9
- Sending Emails with Mailgun
- Processing Payments with Stripe
- Authentication & Authorization
Weeks 10 - 11
- Fundamental Relational Database Concepts
- Querying, Security, and Scalability
- Integration with Node
Weeks 12 - 14
- Students spend the final three weeks of the course working on a group project that will showcase and enforce the skills they've learned the past eleven weeks.