Powered by Innovate Birmingham
We are now accepting applications for our Cohort 16 Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp, which will begin in January 2022.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Resident of the following counties of Central Alabama: Jefferson, Shelby, Blount, St. Clair, Chilton, and Walker.
- Age 17 or older
- Under or Unemployed
- Must have a GED or High School Diploma
- Must NOT be enrolled in any other training program or higher level institution
Are you looking to enter the tech workforce? We have partnered with The National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT) to offer fully-funded scholarships for women in Central Alabama to pursue a career in tech along with additional incentives upon becoming a member of NCWIT.
- Connecting with women throughout Alabama and the US with jobs
- Professional development opportunities
- Networking events
- And more!
For more information on how to apply, email email@example.com
What Will You Learn?
These are just some of the technologies you will learn in the course. Don't let it intimidate you! No experience is required. This course was specifically designed to take someone with zero coding experience and teach them what they need to know to Actually Work as a junior-level developer. We are here for you every step of the way!
Basics, Tools, & Deployment
- How the Web Works
- VS Code
Front End Development
Weeks 1 - 5
- React Native
Back End Development
Weeks 6 - 9
- Sending Emails with Mailgun
- Processing Payments with Stripe
- Authentication & Authorization
Weeks 10 - 11
- Fundamental Relational Database Concepts
- Querying, Security, and Scalability
- Integration with Node
Weeks 12 - 14
- Students spend the final three weeks of the course working on a group project that will showcase and enforce the skills they've learned the past eleven weeks.